Namibia Minute.
Friday, 21 August 2026
Namibia’s news, on the hour · Est. 2026
Friday, 21 August 2026
OkaLexTranslate English into Oshikwanyama, Oshindonga, Rukwangali and OtjihereroMachine translation.Open the translator →
Windhoek—:—London—:—New York—:—Beijing—:—
Namibian press · Person

Sam Shololo

Sam Shololo — co-accused in a January 2025 armed robbery at state-owned Namdia in which diamonds valued at N$335.6 million were stolen and two people were killed.

2025-01-212026-08-21

What’s been said

Key points drawn from coverage. Tap a point to see the original sentence.

  1. January 2025
  2. The Namibian

    Sam Shololo made first appearance in Windhoek Magistrate's Court on Tuesday

    Source

    A second suspect accused of involvement in a deadly robbery at the Windhoek office of Namib Desert Diamonds (Namdia) on 18 January, Sam Shololo, made his first appearance in the Windhoek Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.

    Second Namdia robbery, murder accused, Sam Shololo, appears in court
  3. The Namibian

    Sam Shololo was discharged from state hospital in Windhoek

    Source

    Sam Shololo (45) has been discharged from a state hospital in Windhoek, she said on Monday.

    Second suspect in Namdia diamond robbery released from hospital
  4. The Namibian

    Sam Shololo allegedly suffered several gunshot wounds

    Source

    Shololo is alleged to have suffered several gunshot wounds and was hospitalised on 18 January, which was the night of the robbery.

    Second suspect in Namdia diamond robbery released from hospital
Society

Defence lawyer claims weak case against Namdia robbery accused

The News

A lawyer for Joel Angula, a former Namdia protection officer facing charges in connection with a fatal armed robbery at Namdia's Windhoek head office in January last year, argued in the High Court that the case against him is "very weak" during a bail appeal hearing. Angula and two co-accused are facing 10 charges including murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, and theft of diamonds.

18 August 2026 · The Namibian

Tuesday 18 August

  1. Defence lawyer claims weak case against Namdia robbery accused

    A lawyer for Joel Angula, a former Namdia protection officer facing charges in connection with a fatal armed robbery at Namdia's Windhoek head office in January last year, argued in the High Court that the case against him is "very weak" during a bail appeal hearing. Angula and two co-accused are facing 10 charges including murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, and theft of diamonds.

    18 August 2026 · The Namibian

Thursday 30 July

  1. Namdia-G4S lawsuit stalls over withheld evidence disclosure

    Namdia Pty Ltd's N$314 million negligence lawsuit against security firm G4S over a January 2025 diamond heist has reached a standoff because Namdia is withholding evidence—including disciplinary records, security protocols, and CCTV footage—citing confidentiality concerns. The court postponed proceedings to 30 July 2026 to determine how the dispute over evidence disclosure should proceed.

    30 July 2026 · Informanté

Wednesday 1 July

  1. Three men charged in Namdia diamond heist sent to High Court

    The prosecutor general has decided that three men—former Namdia security officer Joel Angula, Sam Shololo, and former security company employee Samuel Shipanga—will stand trial in the Windhoek High Court on ten charges stemming from an armed robbery at Namdia's head office in January 2025, in which two people were killed and diamonds valued at N$335.6 million were allegedly stolen.

    1 July 2026 · The Namibian

Wednesday 10 June

  1. Ex-G4S guard admits taking diamonds from Namdia robbery

    Former G4S security guard Samuel Shipanga has admitted to police that he took four plastic bags of diamonds from Namdia during a robbery in January, later giving them to his cousin Immanuel Iipinge at his garage in Windhoek. Shipanga said one bag contained six diamonds while the other three held approximately eight diamonds each in different shapes.

    10 June 2026 · The Namibian

Wednesday 20 May

  1. Former NAMDIA officer appeals bail denial in diamond theft case

    Joel Angula, a former protection officer at state-owned NAMDIA, has appealed his bail denial in the High Court, arguing through his lawyer that the State has not established a chain of custody for diamonds found at his residence and that the magistrate ignored legal provisions for a fine. Angula faces eight counts, including murder, in connection with an armed robbery at NAMDIA where diamonds valued at N$335.6 million were allegedly stolen; 13 parcels valued at about N$4.8 million were found at his home, while over N$290 million of the stolen diamonds remain unrecovered.

    20 May 2026 · Informanté

Sunday 5 April

  1. Prosecution of Namdia robbery suspects gets court postponement

    The Windhoek Magistrate's Court has postponed to 18 June the case against Joel Angula and Sam Shololo, accused in a fatal January 2025 armed robbery at state-owned Namdia in which diamonds valued at N$335.6 million were stolen. The state was granted more time to complete parallel investigations across multiple jurisdictions and for the prosecutor general to decide on final charges.

    5 April 2026 · The Namibian

Friday 20 March

  1. Cross-border investigations delay Namdia diamond heist trial

    The trial of two suspects in the Namdia diamond heist, in which N$345 million in diamonds were stolen and two people died, has stalled as police conduct joint investigations across multiple jurisdictions in Noordoewer, Keetmanshoop, and Windhoek. The Prosecutor General's final decision on whether to proceed to trial has been delayed pending completion of these investigations and recovery of related dockets.

    20 March 2026 · Informanté

Tuesday 24 February

  1. Former Namdia guard denied bail in N$335m diamond heist case

    Magistrate Helvi Shikalepo refused bail for Joel Angula, a former Namdia security officer arrested in connection with a January 2024 armed robbery at the company's Windhoek headquarters in which diamonds valued at N$335.6 million were stolen and a security officer was killed. Shikalepo ruled that although the state has a prima facie case against Angula, his continued detention is in the interest of justice pending trial.

    24 February 2026 · The Namibian

Saturday 7 February

  1. Bail ruling due for man accused in N$330 million Namdia heist

    Joel Angula, a 46-year-old ex-protection officer accused of involvement in the Namdia diamond theft and the deaths of two people, will learn the outcome of his bail application on 23 February. The State has opposed bail citing severity of charges and fears of abscondment and witness interference, while Angula's lawyer argues the evidence is circumstantial.

    7 February 2026 · Informanté

  2. Namdia robbery accused awaits bail ruling in February

    Joel Angula, a former Namdia security officer charged with murder and robbery in connection with a January 2024 heist at the Namdia head office in Windhoek in which a security officer was killed, will learn on 23 February whether he will be released on bail. The state opposes bail, arguing he may abscond or interfere with witnesses, while his defence counsel argues the state's case is weak.

    7 February 2026 · The Namibian

Thursday 22 January

  1. Police say Namdia murder accused will interfere with witnesses

    During a bail hearing, a Namibian Police chief inspector testified that Joel Angula would likely interfere with witnesses and investigations if released, citing his prior misleading statements and knowledge of witnesses. The inspector also stated that 452 of 512 diamonds robbed from Namdia remain missing and could be disposed of or used for further crimes if the accused is freed.

    22 January 2026 · New Era

Wednesday 21 January

  1. Defence challenges "common purpose" charges in NAMDIA diamond heist case

    Defence lawyer Veiko Alexander cross-examined a State witness in the bail hearing for Joel Angula, a former police officer accused of murder and diamond theft in a January 2025 NAMDIA heist, questioning whether the "common purpose" charges are justified and arguing that attempted murder counts should be treated as assault charges instead.

    21 January 2026 · Informanté

Tuesday 20 January

  1. Court hears Endjala's pistol killed Namdia guard in diamond heist

    Police ballistics evidence presented in Windhoek court shows that a 9mm pistol registered to Max Endjala, one of the alleged robbers who later shot himself, was used to kill Namdia security officer Francis Eiseb during an armed robbery at the company's Windhoek premises in January 2024. Former police officer Joel Angula and Sam Shololo are charged with murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, and other counts related to the heist in which diamonds valued at about N$335.6 million were stolen.

    20 January 2026 · The Namibian

Sam Shololo — Namibian press coverage · Namibia Minute